Sunday, April 3, 2011

Proposal

   As I was reading a post from Cait over at Fit, Fierce and Fabulous about the Big Blow Out Proposal , I was thinking to myself, maybe I should share my proposal story with everyone.
   It was the night of September 25, 2008. Tyler had come home from training (medic training in the Army), and was taking me out on a romantic dinner. He came early with beautiful yellow roses in hand. I was finishing up getting ready in my dorm room. Just as I was doing the finishing touches of my makeup, the fire alarm went off. Of course it did. So, we went outside until we got the all clear, I finished getting ready and we were on our way. We pulled up to Mastro's Steakhouse, a restaurant I had driven by hundreds of times, but had never been to. It's a very nice and expensive place, we couldn't even find the door at first haha. Tyler told the hostess the name on the reservation and we were seated immediately. After giving our drink order, I went to the bathroom and came back to the table only to notice the best breadbasket of my life sitting there, so naturally, I had to start eating it. This meant of course, that I did not notice Tyler had put a small box on the table, a small ring box to be exact. To my defense, the ring box and table cloth were both white...that and I really wanted to eat the bread, haha. I started to eat bread and talk to Tyler. He was acting very nervous and wasn't really eating much. Eventually he started gesturing with his head towards the ring box, because I still hadn't noticed.
   Finally, I noticed it and said, "Oh, you must be kidding! You're going to fake me out again...you're gonna wait til Disneyland or when I visit you in Germany or something."
   Tyler replied, "Oh really? Well, you might wanna finish chewing and swallow that." Tyler then proceeded to get up and get down on one knee.
   People around us in the restaurant started saying,"Oh my gosh! He just got down on one knee!"
Tyler said some beautiful things and asked for Beth's hand in marriage. Trying not to cry, I let out a yes.
We then hugged, kissed, and people clapped.
   Our waiter came up to us and said, "Did I just see something? haha, congrats you guys!"
Then we got our food, which was delicious if you were wondering. Then after we were done, we were given free dessert with chocolate sauce on the plate saying: Congratulations 9/25/08!

Now, this may be just another restaurant proposal, but I loved it. It was simple, heart-felt and so sweet. Would be proposed to at Disneyland have been cool? Yes. Would being proposed to in Germany been cool? Yes. Did I like the way he chose to do it? Absolutely. It was the way he wanted to do it, romantic, a surprise and it fit us. :) 

1 comment:

  1. ohmygosh beth so cute! of course id love for you to be a guest blogger! e mail me at fitfiercefabulous@gmail.com so we can start! xo have a great monday!

    ReplyDelete