Saturday, May 7, 2011

Oh me

   Thursday I went in for Substitute Teacher orientation here on base. Not going to lie, I think it made me more nervous. We talked and went over some rules, then we had a tour of the school. I still have to finish some paperwork and meet with HR, but then I'll be good to go. Part of me is not sure if I actually want to go through with this. I mean, it's just subbing, but there are so many rules, things to remember...and I'm scared of teaching in general. ha. If I've ever taught, it's been with older kids/young adults or I've been the assistant, so I didn't teach. Needless to say, I'm scared. I mean, I'm up for a challenge, but I'm not sure if I feel right about it.
via

   On a lighter note, I do have a funny/embarrassing story for you guys...you know when you're in the shower and realize you need more body wash, soap shampoo, etc.? So you get out, get the item and continue with your shower. How many times have I done this? A lot. Thursday morning as I was in the shower, I squeeze my body was and not enough comes out. Ugh. I'm going to have to get out and get my new one...great. I throw the old bottle on to the mat outside the shower, I can put it in the plastic recycling later, and get out to get the new bottle. Now see, what I didn't realize was that some of the body wash had gotten on the floor of the shower. So, when I go to get back in, I totally ate shit. Yup, that's right, I fell in the shower. Now, not to worry, it's a normal American tub shower...it's just a couple inches off the ground (we have a separate bathtub). Luckily I kinda caught my fall, so my left side and butt got most of it. Unfortunately for my butt, well, it landed on the old bottle and shattered the plastic lid...I have cuts on my upper butt...ugh. It hurt a lot. I'm actually still kind of sore. Right after it happened, I kind of started to cry, but then I was like, no, I need to get up, turn off the shower, check out the damage and continue showering. After all, I had to go to substitute teacher orientation. I think the best part of this was that I cut my butt and the fact that I got back in the shower. The shitty part is that I fell, hurt myself and was home alone. It's like a fear of mine coming true ahhh. Not to worry though, just some cuts and bruises. Ha. Oh me.
   Well, I hope that story made you laugh. Makes me laugh now haha. :)  Have a Happy Saturday everyone! Any big weekend plans? Any funny/embarrassing stories to tell?












No comments:

Post a Comment