Tuesday, May 31, 2011

long weekend

Sorry for neglecting this, but Tyler had a four day weekend, and I just wanted to enjoy it. :)
   Thursday, he had staff duty. Basically, you’re watching headquarters for 24 hours. There is also CQ, which is watching the barracks for 24 hours. Yikes. He’s been doing it a lot these past 2 months too. Ah well, such is life I guess. For some reason, I was a little more bored and lonely then usual; one of those days I guess. Sometimes I really enjoy my nights alone and take advantage of them. Thursday was not one of those nights. I watched some TV on my computer (yes, we still don’t have a TV, so we watch everything of the computer. But it’s cool. I would rather travel than get a TV anyway.) and just relaxed.
   Tyler slept a lot of Friday to recover from being awake so long, haha. I got a good workout in and some cleaning. I even took a nap with him. Then, I woke him up he could actually go to sleep that night. He also started to work on our family tree. Needless to say, he was up VERY late...dare I say up early?
   Saturday we went to Kreuzberg in the Rhön Mountains with our neighbors.  It is a monastery that makes beer. It's so pretty there, and the beer was delicious! And this is coming from a person who doesn't even really like beer! The food is also pretty good and cheap! I recommend going.There are also some really neat places to hike, camp, etc. around there.
   Sunday, we went over to a friends for an early Memorial Day BBQ. We had some margaritas, delicious food and fun with friends. Unfortunately, Tyler's allergies got the best of him in the evening. He couldn't stop rubbing his eyes. He finally had to take his contacts out. Then, he came up to me and was like, "you're going to have drive home. I just had to take my contacts out, and I don't have my glasses with me." Luckily, I hadn't drank TOO much (also ate with it and had water), and we could sit around and chat for awhile just in case. Tyler's allergies have been SOOO bad lately! Hopefully they get better soon. 

   Monday, memorial day, we just relaxed. Good way to spend it I think. :)  Before I end this post, I just want to say this: Thank you to all who serve/have served in the military, especially those who have lost their lives. We thank you and will never forget what you have done for us :)

How was everyone else's weekend/memorial day? Do anything fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment