Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oh life sometimes

   This weekend was productive, but upsetting at the same time. Tyler and I got a lot done around the house and did some MAJOR grocery shopping, but on Sunday we were supposed to go on a trip...yeah, that didn't happen sigh. Let me back up. Tyler had off Friday, so we went grocery shopping and did stuff around the house. That night, he started to feel nauseous and couldn't fall asleep till like 4:30 am. So, I let him sleep till like 1pm the next day. He was mad I let him do that, but if he's sick he needs his sleep. Plus, I got a good workout in and some cleaning done hehe. Thus, the rest of Saturday we were kind of lazy, but i was excited because tomorrow we were going to take a day trip to Bamberg! Sunday morning came and I was showered, dressed and ready to go by like 9am. Tyler had still not stirred from bed. When I tried to wake him he made angry noises and said he didn't want to. Ugh. Really? Another lazy day?? Ok, I'll give him another hour or so. I was mad, but I was like, he'll be fine then. When I tired to wake him like an hour later he said he didn't want to go. Aw man, I was looking forward to this like all week!  So, I threw one of my "fits." Basically,  I got so mad that we weren't taking a day trip that we had been planning, that I threw a fit. Then, I saw Water For Elephants the movie had come to base and this was the last day it was playing! So, I was planning on going with or without Tyler. All of a sudden it was like 3:40 pm (movie started at 4),  and I was like Oh my gosh... can I make it...idk sometimes I don't drive fast. Tyler was like, you'll be fine you'll probably make it, maybe miss the first bit, but you'll probably make it. Instead of getting it together and speeding off I just got mad all over again. I was too mad and didn't think I could get there in time. Sigh. Ah well. After my fit/tantrum and nap I took a walk and felt much better. Tyler and I then talked it out and made up quickly...all was well. I was still upset that we didn't go, but ya know, I'm glad he's not sick. Also, I think I just got mad at myself for acting like that and missing the movie. Ah well. Happens. Does this ever happen to you guys? Doesn't happen to me all the time, but when it does...oohhhh man. God bless Tyler for being with me and putting up with this crazy haha.
    Monday was just more of the same, but today, oh today. I turned in my first real press release for the girl scouts. I really hope someone picks it up! Then, I had a hair appoint on post. I just wanted my hair to be healthy, so like an inch or so off the length, clean up the layers and give me bangs again. Simple right? Wrong, this hairdresser had a mind of her own! She said my last layers were boring and that she wanted to do something different. While objecting and saying I didn't want different right now, she started cutting anyway...ugh. Then, she left my bangs long and when I said that I would like them shorter...shortest part at like the eyebrow, she told me to be careful what I wish for. What does that even mean!? Well, it means that she's going to cut them much shorter than that. Now, I don't hate the haricut, but it's not my favorite, or Tyler's, yes, he said that haha. Many people like it though...I'll take a picture tomorrow because I'm undecided. Maybe it will grow on me? I just wanted something simple so my hair would look healthy and continue to grow/look good. I didn't want anything to drastic because Tyler and I are renewing our vows this summer. Ah well. It's just hair. It grows. Like I said, I'll post a pic soon.
   Anyway, before I got my haircut, I look down at my phone and it's turning itself off. What? Weird. So I turn it back on and it asks for a pin. Uh....ok? Well, after several failed attempts, it now locks me out. I can't even see the freaking time! I had no idea what time it was all day unless there was a wall clock or something around. Yes, I don't have a watch. Sigh. So then I go get my haircut, see that it took and hour (longer than it was supposed too...I didn't even get a wash...), pick up Tyler's food and head to another part of base. Oh yeah, Our car doesn't have a clock either because it has no radio. Fail. Now, the problem is that I was supposed to call my friend to let her know that I'm on my way to give Tyler food so she can pick me up and head to the farewell luncheon for a Captain's wife that is leaving. Ugh. But since my phone wasn't working, well, I couldn't let her know. Luckily, we had talked that morning and I had told her what time I should be there. So, without my phone I find Tyler to give him his food, and my friend finds me to go to this luncheon. We're a little late, but that's ok. The food was so good, and the cake...oh man, incredible! Now, I didn't really know this woman, but she seems to be an amazing person. Too bad I really won't get to know her. We both felt slightly weird being there since we're the wives of enlisted men (of the military hierarchy at it's finest...but more on that later...), but I was friends with the new Major's wife, and we were both friends with the other Captain's wife, so it was ok. Felt a tad out of place, but it was still nice.
   After cake, we headed back to base so my friend could go to her hair appointment. She said it would be an hour or two long...she was getting a trim and highlights. So I decided just to hang out and go to the PX. I really should have borrowed a phone, gotten Tyler's cell number and told him to meet me at the other part of base later, because her appointment took over three hours!!! AHHHH. So I shopped, read magazines, walked around, etc. Then, we drive to the other part of base to see if they're off work, and low and behold, they got off work early...of course they did. So, my friend drives me home. Thank goodness.
   Once home, I find that I still have the box this cheap-ass, prepaid German phone came in and type in the number its asking for...and presto! Fixed. Praise the Lord.
   Thus, I digress. The moral of the story? How did we ever live without cell phones before, even crappy ones? Oh man. How is everyone else doing today? How was your weekend? Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment