Thursday, May 26, 2011

Life and random facts

   First and foremost, how about those Mavs?!? I'm so excited that they're going to the finals! Yup, that's right, I'm a huge Dallas Mavericks fan. Why? Well, I grew up there and I enjoy basketball. I'm a huge Mavs fan, rangers fan and now Angels fan. I don't really do pro-football or any hockey.
   Anyway, Wednesday was definitely a better and more productive day then Tuesday! I actually got stuff done, made a good dinner and Tyler got off work early :). Woohoo! Today, he has staff duty...bummer. This means he's gone a whole 24hours. Ah well. At least this weekend and the next are four days! :D. Today I went to base for his Captain's surprise birthday lunch. We had pizza and delicious cake! Since Tyler couldn't be there, I delivered him some goodies afterward. What a good wife. haha. Then I did some shopping downtown. Got some tanks from H&M just in time for summer, a pair of much needed white sandals from some shoe store and yellow-gold Gerber daises. I love having fresh flowers in the house. :) 
   Now,  I would like to take this time to thank Alisha from Married in Chicago. She is one of my favorite blogs that I read religiously. Alisha was kind enough to give me the the Kreativ Blogger Award! I'm so excited to get this! I'm still fairly new to the blogging world and have already received my first award! I'm so excited. I had the biggest smile on my face when I saw that. Thank you so much, Alisha!!! 



Now, as is customary, I'll present 10 facts about myself and pass this along to 10 awesome bloggers:
1. I suck at creating titles for things like this blog, papers, etc. Really though. Have you ever looked at the titles of my blog posts? Terrible. I'm a decent writer, but I can never think of good/clever/creative titles.
2. I enjoy coming up with stories, but I have problems putting them in to words/writing them.
3. I love headbands. Maybe I'm obsessed...I do wear them a lot.
4. I love to wear dresses
5. Wine is my favorite alcoholic drink. (Though, some others do come close...margaritas, sex on the beach, cosmos...) Sometimes I think I love wine too much.
6. I have problems picking favorites. I just like too much? haha.
7. I love shoes, but I hate my feet.
8. I can't spell. Spell check and editors are my best friend. I can edit the shit out of other people's papers/writings/etc., but my own? Forget about it.
9. I love to travel. I want to go pretty much everywhere! (Working on Europe currently).
10. I know how to play the flute. (I haven't in years, but I hear it comes right back to you, kind of like riding a bike, which I also haven't done in years...fail).

First of all, I want to give this award back to Alisha at Married in Chicago. Yes, that makes my total 11, but since she's already received it, does it really count? But she totally deserves it again and again. :)
Without further adieu, here are the 10 awesome bloggers I am presenting the award to:
Fit, Fierce and Fabulous
Alisha & Brandon 12.04.10
Piloting Life
A Complete Waste of Makeup
The Diary of a Working Girl
Love is Home
The McDonald Family European Adventure
A Journey of Hope
Experiencing Ukraine
Casey and the Sunshine
(Sorry if some of you have recieved this award already, but clearly you deserve it! :)) 

1 comment: