Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teaching?

    Tomorrow, I'm going to substitute teacher orientation. I don't know whether to be excited or nervous...both? Yes, I'm both excited, but at the same time extremely nervous.
   I've never really wanted to be a teacher, but lately many people have said that I would be good at it/they can see me doing it. Huh. I mean, I've thought about it a couple times, but I always come to the same conclusion...no, I don't want to to that. I do like talking about ("teaching") things that I am knowledgeable and passionate about, but I've never wanted to teach teach, like give homework, grade papers and all that. I was fine doing freshmen seminar at Cal Lutheran; talking to students about sex, drugs, alcohol, peer pressure, time management, etc., and I was fine in student government teaching new senators how to do things, but like I said, actual teaching...well, I'm not sure about that. I'm not totally ruling it out, but I'm just not sure it's what I want to do. We'll see how subbing goes, then I can let you know, or at least give myself/you a better idea of whether I want to do it or not.
   Wish me luck? :) 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, my dear. Hope everything goes well for you!!

    ReplyDelete