Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I love Weddings

    Let's talk weddings and how I'm obsessed with them; I absolutely LOVE weddings.
    I got married between my Junior and Senior years of college, July 7, 2009 before Tyler was deployed to Afghanistan. It was a small ceremony at Angels Stadium in Anaheim.
    We renewed our vows and had the "big" wedding July 10, 2011...2 years and 3 days later. I loved it. Read more about it here and here . The location was perfect, I loved my dress, my shoes, my hair and makeup...well, maybe a lip stick that stays longer, but other than that loved it. Loved the food, loved the DJ, loved the event coordinators...the only thing I didn't absolutely love was the photographer. He was such a great person, came highly recommended, great reviews, great website, had like 4 or 5 cameras with him...and still we had pictures that turned out blurry or not at all. The photos with my parents blurry. Photos of my dress, not spectacular. Photo of us and all the parents...didn't turn out...photos of the train of my dress...didn't turn out. Neither of these were on the website or CD, apparently they were that bad. I think he was experimenting with us. He did give us a discount, and yeah we are already married, but these are our wedding photos. Some look great, but some are just weird...the idea was there, but it didn't turn out. Live and learn I guess. It makes me want to take anniversary pics in a few years (since we never even did proper engagement photos) and I want to take bridal portraits. Sigh. It won't happen, at least the bridal portraits, but still I'm upset.
I had so much fun, it was everything I could've dreamed of (well, I say that and I always pictured myself getting married at a castle or palace hahaha).
    Anyway, I'm going to start doing wedding Wednesdays. I'm not sure why I haven't before...maybe I just didn't want to be "another one of those blogs" or maybe it's because two of my real life friends who blog do it. I'm not sure, but whatever the reason, I'm over it and will now join the wedding Wednesday world! Hooray! :)
*(I was going to leave you with some of the photographers photos, but uploading photos is currently failing...tomorrow or later today it is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment