Monday, October 17, 2011

A Weekend Review

"Pink it´s my new obsession
Pink it´s not even a question
Pink on the lips of your lover, ´cause
Pink is the love you discover ..."
- Aerosmith from the song Pink

{via}
Speaking of Pink, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. As if you didn't know...haha. Saturday morning, I did a 5k Breast Cancer Fun Run on post with some of my friends/neighbors. I'm so glad that I did it. Sure I walked the whole way, but it was still fun to do...and it supports a great cause. Not to get too sentimental or anything, but my mom had breast cancer, so this hits close to home. No worries, she is fine now (after chemo, radiation, a bilateral mastectomy, reconstructive sugary... ya know).

{via}



Now, let's head back to Friday. Friday night, I attended a Pure Romance Party. Now, I have been to Passion parties before, but not Pure Romance. Don't get me wrong, they're the same thing...just different companies. It was so much fun! Also, Army wives are crazy! haha ;p. But if you think about it, we're left alone all the time for trainings, deployments, etc. I think you'd be a little crazy too, if ya know what I mean. There was lots of food, drinks, talking (it's all girls of course there's talking hahaha), I drank half a bottle of wine (whoops)...all in all a very fun time...the perfect girls night in fact. And don't you worry, I was fine the next morning to the Breast Cancer Fun Run. :p

Sunday, I took it easy. I watched some TV/movies, I folded laundry, cleaned a little and took two walks. One was just me and the iPod...always nice, and the other, I drove to a friend's house, who lives about 8 minutes or so away and we walked with her neighbor who is trying to learn English. It was very interesting. There are so many pretty places to walk around here; I'm really going to miss that. 

Today, Monday, I've been kind of lazy. I did go downtown with a neighbor and her daughter to help her find clothes, now I need to work on getting stuff done for the girl scout event this weekend. AH! Can't believe the Masquerade Ball is almost here!

How was everyone else's weekend?
Are you doing anything this month for breast cancer awareness?
Have you ever been to a passion or pure romance party?

Happy Monday Friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment