Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pet Peeve

   So this weekend while watching Office Space for the first time, I was like, "omg, they're filming in Texas! I bet it's Dallas...right off the 75." THE 75? THE??? Oh lord. I'm turning in to a Californian officially now. (I've lived there for about 4 years and have the license). Why the use the definite article in front of their freeways I'll never know, but they do. After I said the 75, my eyes got really big and Tyler just started laughing at me and said I'm turning into a nice little Californian ha. Sigh. Oh, and in case you were curious, Office Space was filmed in Austin.

   And here's my pet peeve...people yelling at waiters/waitresses, especially when they're speaking English for you in a non-English speaking country. Really people?! You're just embarrassing yourselves, well, and Americans in general. Please don't do this. 
   Unfortunately this happens a lot where I live. I try and speak German, and if I can't figure something out, I'm nice about it. It could also be a personality thing, but listen, some people are just plain RUDE. It really makes me uncomfortable and embarrassed for them. And you wonder why some people hate Americans? ha. Thus I digress. Happy Tuesday everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth!

    You know I can relate to this. It is annoying - and incredibly rude.

    I had no idea O.S was filmed in Austin. I've been hearing about Austin alot these days...

    Hope you are doing well ;)

    ReplyDelete