Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lazy rainy days

   Yesterday, I was completely wiped out from traveling. I mean, sure I got a good yoga workout in from Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown. I also did clean some and make a delicious dinner, but other than that, I was pretty useless.
Source
Source
   You ever hav e those days? I get them after traveling or doing something big the day before. Lately it seems I've been lazy a lot. Maybe it's because I don't have a regular job that I go to every day, or maybe I'm just in a funk/ Don't get me wrong, I work out almost every day, and there's always some cleaning that needs to be done, but sometimes, I'm just lazy. Ah well. I guess we're all intitled to those funks every once in awhile. Hopefully I snap out of it soon. Today has been ok. It's kind of rainy, gloomy and chilly, so that makes everyone a little less productive I feel. I did do day 2 of level 3 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Man is that a killer!!! But I know I need to keep it up. I also need to get way more cardio into my workout routines. I would love not being out of breathe after I climb up say a couple flights of stairs (thank you Paris for reminding me I need more cardio in my life haha). Any suggestions? I would love to actually get to a gym more, but being a one car family, and having weird timings for buses by our apartment, well, this makes it hard.
  As I talked about on my very first guest post, I have always struggled with weight/body image. I've never been, or will never be a skinny mini, but I have never been huge, just right in the middle where your weight fluctuates like crazy! I have mostly come to accept this and accept me for me,  like to be in better shape. It helps that I've really started to hone in on how to work out for me and body type, and the results are great! Well, I didn't do this all by myself...the personal trainer I had this past summer helped immensely. Totally worth the money. You can read more about that here. Now, I just have to keep motivating myself. I mean, I am renewing my vows this summer (hello wedding dress!) and it is the summer (hello swimsuits and tanks tops!), so I have two pretty good reasons to get and stay in shape. Sometimes, I just get so frustrated that my body isn't changing as fast or as much as I want it too. Sigh.

   In other news, let me tell you about the dinner I made last night! Oh man, it was delicious. I made baked chicken breast with potatoes and green beans. Mmmm. Here's what I did: I cut up the potatoes and put them in a pot with water, onion, garlic, salt and pepper and brought them to a boil. Once the chicken was defrosted, I put a little olive oil, butter and chopped garlic in a pan and took it off the heat right before the garlic browned. I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, basil, thyme, onion and garlic, put the chicken in a Pyrex pan, then poured the garlic, butter and olive oil mix over the tops. too give it a little extra flavor, not that it needed it, I added a little lemon juice to the mix. Then, I put the potatoes in with chicken and baked it all for about 30 minutes. For the green beans, I just boiled them in water with a little onion, salt and pepper. The chicken was so juicy, and the potatoes were so good! I was very proud of myself. :) I guess I'm turning out to be a cook after all! Who knew? I should really start taking pictures of the food I make...ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment