Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ah, TV

    So, I forgot to mention TV in my last post. Man oh man, how could I forget that? If any of you have the opportunity, youtube Family Guy or South Park in German. So funny! There's also this show "Farmer meets Wife" or something like that. It's so funny. I don't know what's going on most of the time, but I've been told that they're basically redneck/white trash Germans trying to find love. Aww how precious. I mean, since we're on base they have AFN which gives us more American shows and stuff in English. There's like 3 or 4 of those channels. Germans also play TV shows like Friends in English, so that's nice. We've been watching a lot of Jeopardy, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, CNN (CNN world as well), BBC News and Friends/Family Guy and stuff like that. haha.
   With watching the news comes some interesting and sometimes heartbreaking things. We were awake when the South Korea Harbor got bombed and the 29 miners in New Zealand died. We also get a lot about the upcoming British Royal Wedding. Needless to say, I'm stoked! Not only do I love wedding and hearing about them, but I, for some reason, am obsessed with the British Royal Family.  Trust me, on April 29th, I will be watching the procession and all on TV. Do I think that some of it is gaudy and ridiculous? Absolutely. But they're the freakin' royal family! Sigh. Oh the Brits.
   Well, that's all for now! Until next time.

1 comment: