Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just livin' life

   Saturday evening around 6 (1800), Tyler came back!  And man oh man was it a to-do! I got there like an hour before and was anxiously awaiting his return. The Bells (one of Tyler's SGT's and his wife) were so kind as to come get me from my hotel and take me to the gym. We were waiting around outside for awhile, then decided to go in the gym and take our seats. I was so anxious, I just couldn't wait any more. Then, I met April, Matt's fiance. She was waiting for Matt to come back with Tyler. As we were sitting and talking, I found out she was in the Army too, and she used to be in the 1-91 in Germany. They met in A-stan when Matt hurt his hand and she patched him up...Cute.
   We both could not take it any longer! When were they coming dang it!? then there was an announcement: "Ladies and Gentlemen." Yes? Could it be? "In 10 minutes they will be arriving." What?! Really? Was that necessary? 10 ish minutes later, they had arrived and people were screaming in anticipation. Then they started a fog machine and out they came in formation. They marched out, stood, there was a prayer and they were released. Tyler ran over to me, picked me up while kissing me and swung me around. We were so happy...and so in shock. We couldn't believe that the other was there. After chatting with some others we got his bags and were on our way to the hotel downtown.
   We stayed there till Tuesday, when we moved to the hotel on base. That hotel is soooo much easier for Tyler. We've done some exploring, found some good restaurants and have really just enjoyed being with each other. It's just so different for us. We'll just sit and talk and stare at each other, which may sound weird, but we haven't been able to really do that since March.
   The base itself is very interesting. I have been here before, but now I'm actually paying attention to where things are. haha. It was an old Nazi base, so of course, I find this all fascinating. They even have some of the original buildings and statues. Of course, all the Swastikas and things have been taken down.
   Tonight is their Platoon party which I think we're going to for a little bit. Then, I hear people are going bar hopping. We'll probably join for a little. Should be fun. Tyler will get to be with his guys and me. Win win.

Have a great day everyone! :)

2 comments:

  1. If I could "Like" blogs, I would like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Beth! I'm so happy you guys are together and enjoying Germany! Best wishes for you both!

    ReplyDelete