Friday, November 12, 2010

So close and yet, so far

    Ok, so last I left you it was Wednesday morning for me. Well, after I was on the computer for a little, I decided to go back to my room, shower, read and get ready. I only did the shower and read part. Next thing I knew it was getting dark outside...about 4 pm (1600). What?! I had fallen asleep. ugh. Stupid jet lag. I was so mad at myself for doing that. I was supposed to explore. But, part of me thinks that I did that un purpose so I wouldn't have to deal with things by myself anymore. Thank goodness Jessica, the army wife I'm been talking to, texted me about going to dinner. Yes, we went to the same restaurant as I had the night before, but who cares. Food is food. I finally got to meet her and her husband and I was so excited! Later in the night, 3 others came. Two guys Tyler knows and the one's fiance. I really enjoyed them all. I'm glad that I'm meeting people, but at the same time, I'm kind of sad that some of them are leaving soon. That night I stayed up till like 2  because I wasn't tired until then. Stupid nap.
   Yesterday, Thursday, I woke up and didn't feel that great. I think it was a mixture of weird sleep and anxiety. Somehow, I managed to eat some breakfast and have a nice leisurely morning. After I got ready, I decided to explore Schweinfurt. Plus, I had to get supplies to make posters for Tyler. (side note: I just tried to upload pics from my ventures, but it wouldn't let me...I'll try again later. You can just look on facebook haha). Once I had explored, got the supplies and was very cold, I decided to have a late lunch. Then I took a walk around the park by my hotel. After that, I really needed to warm up, so I went back to my room. I read for a bit and of course, I fell asleep. Luckily, it was only for about an hour. Then I worked on Tyler's posters and was thinking that a bath would be nice. After I was in the bath for a little, Tyler called and I got to talk to him, which was very nice. Why can't it be tomorrow (Saturday) already?! ugh. I'm so sick of waiting and being alone. After I got off the phone, I realized I hadn't eaten dinner. Ah well. I had a protein bar and trail mix. wooo. But, most of you know me and food...I love food, and I love to eat. Weird that I would "forget." Ah well. I got on the computer for a bit and the receptionist lady in the lobby came over and put a personal heater by me. The heat in the lobby doesn't work, and that's the only place with internet right now. Fail. We eventually got to talking and I learned the hotel is actually closing in December to finish the renovations. As I was leaving, she asked if I was a soldier's wife and asked me about that. She also warned me that the hotel on base was supposedly full for awhile and that even high ranking people's families weren't getting in. Great. Just my luck. But, she went on to say that there was always room at this hotel if I needed to extend my stay. At least there's that. She also said she could hook me up with candles and then said something about Prozac...what? Thanks...I guess...haha. We'll just have to see. I'm going on post (base) today to see how long it takes me to sign on etc. I'm also going to the hotel to see why they aren't answering their phone ever and if they have room. If they don't well, I'll ask when they have availability, and Tyler and I can stay at this current hotel or in the room that he is going to have to share in the barracks. ew. Sigh. I also hear because he's technically still living in the barracks, because my paper work isn't done, that he has a curfew. ha, of course he does. People are seeing if that can be waived for him since I'm here. I love it when Army people are helpful. We'll see. Prayers are appreciated.
   Anyway! You'll be happy to know that I was asleep by 11:30 (2330) last night. Thank goodness for a normal sleep schedule!
   Wow, I'm already thinking about what to do for tonight. I mean, after all, it is Friday. I really don't want to be alone another night. It sucks. For some reason the night is when I get the loneliest. Sigh. Hopefully I can come up with something.
   Well, time for me to get ready and eventually head to post. Ew. I don't really want too, but I know I should. Sigh. I'll let you know how all of that goes. Hopefully this will let me post pics later. Otherwise, there's facebook! haha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment