Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's getting colder and the holidays are coming nearer

   Hello all! Well, nothing but the same old same old for me really. These past couple days I've really just been exploring base. I mean, that's good though, right? I am going to live here after all. I've been to the gym, the PX (like a designer Walmart haha), the Commissary (grocery store) and much more. We found there's a common kitchen we can use to cook at the hotel on base, so that will be nice. Today, we bought our first pot, pan, etc. as a couple! Eek! I was sooooo excited! I mean, finally, we're buying stuff together. Weird, huh?
   So, somehow I  irritated a muscle that goes from under my boob to my back, so I've been trying to rest that. It's finally feeling better today! Yes! Random? Yes...Also, it's getting so cold. I don't enjoy this. I love heat. Ah well. Something to get used to I guess.
   Saturday we got to hang out with Jessica and her hubby Skalak. It was so much fun! We had a great dinner with great conversation and so much alcohol. Oh my gosh. We started the night off with Champagne, then moved to red wine for dinner, then Jessica and I had Martinis while the boys had white wine. finally, we ended our evening with Kluwine (spelling?). Basically, this is strong wine you heat up on the stove. It's so good! Needless to say, we didn't leave their apartment till about 2 in the morning and were pretty drunk. haha. It was a really fun night :)
  Monday, was my birthday. 23rd birthday to be exact. I didn't do much that day, but that can be nice too. I even did laundry...oooo. Then, for dinner we got dressed up and went to a cute little Italian restaurant. It was delicious. Not as good as our favorite Italian place down the block, but it came close.
   Tomorrow is Thursday, which means it's Thanksgiving. We don't really have any big plans, but I know they do stuff on base and we'll get to be together which is really all that should matter. :)
I hope everyone has a happy and delicious Thanksgiving tomorrow! I think Saturday we're going to some Christmas markets! hooray! I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. :) Miss you so much, but I am excited you are exploring the base!!

    ReplyDelete