Saturday, August 27, 2011

Time to Review

   Ok, last I left you it was last Saturday and I ad just gone to Bamberg. Last Sunday, Tyler had to leave for another couple weeks of training, and my parents and I went to Buchenwald Concentration Camp. Concentration camps are always interesting to me...sad and emotional, but very interesting. This one was also in a beautiful area of Germany.
   Monday, my parents and I were off to Munich. Now, I've been to Munich twice already, but I feel like there's always something new to do there. We stayed and had adventures in Munich until Wednesday, and then made our way to Heidelberg. LOVED Heidelberg. The castle ruin was SO cool, and its a small town feel with being a bigger city. Warning, it is pretty touristy. We had some nice walks around the city and river...even took a river cruise! Coming back home on Thursday was an adventure! My GPS likes to take you on the most direct route, so we ended up on this small, scary, crazy one lane mountain road with two way traffic. Ugh. Thank God my dad was driving.
   Friday, we relaxed, my parents did laundry, my dad and I did yard work hehe. Good day.
   Saturday, we went to Wuerzburg. I've done basically everything there, but I still love it. So pretty.
   Today, we're going to go eat breakfast and walk around our little city. Even though basically everything is closed on Sundays, its still fun to walk around.
   I'll update again soon and talk about our travels more once I have pictures (hurry up mom) haha. Have a blessed and happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Doll - it sounds like you're having an amazing time. Isn't Munich great? You're right, there is so much to do there. I've noticed that some people don't care for it though - too big I suppose.

    I've been to Heidelber (sp?) before, but not on this trip. I might have to go back there before I leave.

    Enjoy this time -what precious memories. I bet your parents are having the time of their lives!

    xoxo
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I love Munich! My third time there haha.
    Your trip sounds great as well :)

    ReplyDelete