Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pictures, travels and life

Well, my mom finally put the pictures up from their trip to Germany! If you'd like to read about their trip, you can do so here. There will also be a recap under the photos...enjoy :)




Bamberg. LOVED this city. :) It was a nice fun day with the parents and Tyler.

Buchenwald Concentration Camp. So cool, intense and emotional. They also had a very interesting, cool and pretty memorial. Unfortunately, Tyler had to leave earlier that day, so the rest of our travels were just my parents and I.

On Monday, we drove to Munich. First stop BMW Weld (world) and Olympic Park. Isn't this motorcycle cute? I would never ever buy one, but i couldn't resist getting on haha. Unfortunately Munich was really hot and humid. Ah well. Still a great trip.

at the Haufbrauhaus drinking some beer.
clock where the glockenspiel is

On Wednesday, after two days in Munich, we made out way to Heidelberg! Such a beautiful city. I'm standing under the Elizabeth Gate at Castle Heidelberg. Very appropriate I think :p
HUGE Wine barrel. And guess what? There's an EVEN BIGGER one. It's insane.
view of the castle from our river tour Thursday morning.

Friday we relaxed at my apartment, and then Saturday, we went to Wurzburg. I love going to Wurzburg. In this picture, my parents are standing in front of the Wurzburg Residenz. LOVE it there. 
back of the Residenz in the gardens. So pretty

The gardens :) (Yes I am wearing my Dirk Nowitzkishirt...had to...)
Sunday we had a late breakfast downtown with my neighbor and her precious little girl. :) Aren't we just a happy family haha. 
   Sunday night, we went to a German restaurant for their last meal here. I noticed my back was hurting a little but really thought nothing of it. Monday EARLY morning, my parents and I headed to Frankfurt Airport. My dad drove there, so he could get his last little bit of driving on the autobahn, and I drove back. That's the longest I've driven in Germany! woohoo! My leg kinda hurt when I got back, but again, thought nothing of it because my back wasn't bothering me anymore. Tuesday, my back was KILLING me. What?! How random. I was like, well, we did drive a lot, walk a lot, eat a lot, I wasn't doing my normal workouts (think I've also gained weight back ugh), and Wednesday night I slept on the floor of the hotel...I think my back had had enough. Wednesday it was feeling a bit better, but Thursday, it was getting worse, and in the evening my butt and legs started to tingle...uh oh. In fact, later that night I called Tyler crying. It was some of the worst pain of my life. Friday morning I got up early to call the clinic when they first opened to see if they could squeeze me in. I called a minute or two after 7, and they could see me at 8! Sweet. Thank goodness my neighbor Casey was awake and could take me...I had no idea what kind of tests they would want to do. Well, I went in and she did all sorts of poking, moving my legs around, asking questions...I had strained a lower back muscle and it was pushing on a nerve. Ugh...great. I am now on muscle relaxer and prescription strength ibuprofen. wooo? I feel all sorts of loopy and tired. But hey, I think its working!
   Unfortunately, Friday night was our neighbor get together (just the girls since our hubbies are gone), and I couldn't even drink with them. I also kept zoning out and almost fell asleep at one point...about the same as being drunk right? haha. Still had a great time though:). Today I've been such a sloth, slept in, took a nap, been on the computer....that's basically it. It was so nice and warm today too, but I could not concentrate enough to go outside or do things. Ah well. I blame the meds. haha. Oh yeah, and for dinner, I made green beans, and as I went to drain them, I burnt myself with the boiling water. Ugh, of course I did. it got the side of my palm and some of my arm. I'm ok though. Oh me.
   How's everyone else doing?? Have a great Saturday! Hopefully you're more productive, and less medicated then me! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment