Saturday, February 26, 2011

Beth's 2011 Oscar Winner Predictions

As you learned in my Feb. 5th post, I love the Oscars. This is probably because I simply love movies. This is the first year I have posted my thoughts about the Oscars anywhere, so I'm pretty excited. I've seen all but one of the 10 films nominated for best motion picture of the year. Now, just because I love or hate a movie doesn't mean it should win or shouldn't win. When I predict the winners, I put my feelings about the film aside and try to channel what The Academy would do. Yes, this does involve some research. Now, sometimes I think they can be wrong and then go with my gut or I think the person that will win shouldn't. For example, in the category for best supporting actress, Melissa Leo ("The Fighter") is the clear favorite to win; however, I think Hailee Steinfeld ("True Grit") should win. Some call Steinfeld the dark horse of the group, yet a few say she could win. We'll just have to wait and see. I must pick one, but you'll just have to keep reading to see whom I choose. There are also those categories that even after I read about them, I'm still confused as to how they pick a winner. haha. Well, maybe I'll be a member of the Academy someday and then I'll know everything.

So, without further delay, I give you: Beth's 2011 Oscar Predictions! 

Best Motion Picture of the Year: The King's Speech 

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Colin Firth for The King's Speech 

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Natalie Portman for Black Swan

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Christian Bale for The Fighter

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Melissa Leo for The Fighter

Best Achievement in Directing: David Fincher for The Social Network

Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen: The King's Speech

Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published: The Social Network

Best Animated Feature Film of the Year: Toy Story 3

Best Foreign Language Film of the Year: Biutiful

Best Achievement in Cinematography: True Grit

Best Achievement in Editing: The Social Network

Best Achievement in Art Direction: Alice in Wonderland

Best Achievement in Costume Design: The King's Speech

Best Achievement in Makeup: The Wolfman

Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score: The King's Speech

Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song: Toy Story 3 ("We Belong Together")

Best Achievement in Sound Mixing: Inception

Best Achievement in Sound Editing: Inception

Best Achievement in Visual Effects: Inception

Best Documentary, Features: Restrepo

Best Documentary, Short Subjects: Strangers No More

Best Short Film, Animated: Day & Night

Best Short Film, Live Action: Na Wewe

No comments:

Post a Comment