Wednesday, February 23, 2011

German Travels

  This past week, Tyler and I went on a marriage retreat, which took place in Garmisch. Garmisch is located right by the Alps. If you're a skier or snowboarder, this is really the place for you! (Too bad Tyler and I aren't haha).
  The retreat itself was ok. I mean, I did get to meet new people/make new friends and spend some quality time with my hubby, but other than that, it really wasn't for us. It was designed for people basically on the brink of divorce. Now, it's always a good idea to work on your marriage and I'm not saying I didn't get anything out of the retreat, it just got a little preachy. Plus, we had to watch the movie Fireproof starring Kirk Cameron. Gross.  But hey, lodging was free, most of our meals were free and Tyler treated me to a massage. :)
   Thursday afternoon, once the retreat was over, we headed to the city of Regensburg. Like most of you reading this post, I had never heard of the city. I found out that it is located right on the Danube River, that it was the furtherst point north of the Roman Empire and the old stone bridge that crosses the Danube was used in the Crusades. How cool is this city!? It is also a very diverse city that is open to all sorts of people and religions. So we spent the night and went exploring more on Friday. Oh, I forgot to mention, right before we left Regensburg, we drove to the Walhalla, which is a replica of the Pantheon. We got there 20 minutes after it was closed, but it was still neat to look at.
   Friday we then drove to Munich to visit our family friends there. They are always the most hospitable people. We had lots of wine, lots of food and a very relaxing weekend with them and their dogs. Monday morning, it was back to reality. Sigh.
   Thus I digress...that's all I have about our past week's travels. Pictures soon! Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment