Wednesday, February 9, 2011

SNAPS Class: Days 2 and 3

   Yesterday, Tuesday, was a really fun day! We took a bus tour of the perimeter of the city to see where the hospitals were, the wild animal park, the water park, etc. Then, we got to go shopping. We went to some of the coolest home stores! Plus side, they were fairly cheep! I'm definitely going to have to take Tyler back to some of them. Most of the group at the restaurant in the first store, XXXL, and you know what? I had to order and help people figure out things, because I'm the one who knows the most German besides our leader. It was kind of cool. :) I felt like my minimal German was finally paying off. After all of that wlking around and shopping we went back to base. I hung out with a girl I met in the class until Tyler got off work and could take me home.
   Today, we were in the classroom again. We learned about the intense recycling you must do here, mail services, Family Advocacy Program, Family Readiness Groups and Deployment Readiness, Women Infant and Children Group, EDIS (Educational Developmental Intervention Services), Community Spouses club, Resiliency Training and ACS resources . It was all very informative, but I must admit, at times I did get bored. Ah well. Such is life. I did learn a lot today.
   There is such a different variety of women and one man, from all parts of the U.S. and all different ages. The oldest in the group said the other day that she has grand kids, but she doesn't look a day over 37. I guess you age well in the south. The youngest is almost 19, and very mature for her age. And no, she didn't get married because she was pregnant. I really enjoy these people and hope to become friends with at least some of them.
   Thus, I digress and will leave you to enjoy your day. More tomorrow! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment