Monday, February 6, 2012

Well, Hello There Monday!

    And, it's Monday again. Where did the weekend go? Sometimes, I think they go by too quickly. I mean, it's not like I have anything real pressing to do anyway.
    Thursday, I had my interview at 9. Like I said in my last post, it was ok, but I've done better. I've done MUCH worse. I could kind of tell that one of the woman didn't really like me, and honestly, she rubbed me the wrong way. Oh well. I found out the next day, in the evening, that I didn't get the job. I think it's for the best...something better will come along, right?
    Speaking of Friday, that morning, the family dog (kind of Tyler's dog) Buddy starting shaking and acting really weird. He just wasn't himself. So, we told Tyler's mom and they went off to the vet. Tyler and I would've gone, but he had to take placement tests at his college. I had to go with him because we were going to sign our apartment lease after. Buddy had blood tests, ultra-sounds, and x-rays...poor thing. It was finally determined that there were 3 rocks in his intestines and he needed surgery. He was rushed to the emergency vet, where they took more x-rays and did that thing where they take a video camera inside you. While looking for the rocks, they decided they were far enough along, that he could just pass them naturally. But, he was so dehydrated, and his pancreas was inflamed, so they kept him over night. :(
    The next morning (Saturday), Tyler's mom and I went to go get him. Boy, was he happy to come home. Buddy is doing well, but still has some shaky pain moments. He's on a restricted diet, lots of rest, and of course, pain meds. I hope he gets better soon.
 
    Saturday afternoon, Tyler, his parents, and myself went to a "Life Celebration" for his neighbor that has passed away. It was beautiful. There were videos, pictures, and wonderful words spoken. After that, there was lots of wine and appetizers. I think that's how I want my funeral to be...a celebration of my life. It was so great. Afterwards, we went and saw The Artist. Oh man, if you haven't seen that movie, I HIGHLY recommend it. It is a silent film, but it's great! I loved it.
    Sunday, Tyler and his dad were off to Los Olivos to pick up Tyler's mom's valentine's day present ( a wine barrel), so his mom and I prepared food for the Superbowl. In the afternoon, Tyler got a call, and we officially have an apartment! I can't wait to move out and have our own space!!! I'm so excited!!! Eh hem...anyway...back to the Superbowl...now, honestly, I don't really care about the Superbowl...I watch it for the commercials, the half-time show, and the social aspect. Haha. There were a couple good commercials, but honestly, I remember them being a bigger deal. Speaking of being a bigger deal, let's talk Madonna. I enjoy Madonna, and I enjoyed the half-time show, but honestly, it was nothing to right home about. Ah well.

   So friends, it's Monday again. Buddy has a doctor's appointment to check up on him, Tyler starts school (YAY!), and I, well, I will  figure out something to do haha. I always do. :) Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment