Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Time to Move On...

    So, I've been forgetting to mention something...Tyler and I are moving soon. No more Army for us, at least, for now anyway. Moving is always stressful, but this move, well, I really don't know how I feel about it. On the one hand, I'm super excited to go back to California and be with friends and Tyler's family, but on the other hand, I know I'm going to miss Germany and the new friends I made here. Plus, I don't even get to see my family or some friends I still have in Texas :(. I feel like there is still more I could do here in Germany, but alas, my time is coming to an end. I'm also scared, well, maybe nervous is more accurate, about finding a job and going back to work.
    Now, along with deciding what things I can live without for about 3 months (that's how long it can take for them to ship our stuff to us ahhh!), I'm looking for jobs, and an apartment. Looking for an apartment is fun, but sucks because I can't go look at any yet. I absolutely hate looking for jobs. There are so many I feel I could do/am qualified for, but according to the requirements, I supposedly am not qualified for the job, sigh. Anybody have any good sites I should look for jobs on? I am using a lot, but I am always open to suggestions.
    Speaking of job hunting, I always thought I was pretty good at interviews, but, 2 or 3 years ago, I was told after one interview I did for my school I wasn't. What?! No one else had ever told me that. And trust me, if I didn't get a job that I really wanted I inquired why and what I could do better next time. Ah well, maybe it was a fluke thing, or maybe I need to prepare more. I do know one thing I struggle with is what questions to ask. Anybody have any suggestions on questions to ask and/or interview tips for me?
     Anyway, I'm excited and yet very scared for this new chapter in our lives. But, ya know what? I bet it's going to be a good one. :)

1 comment:

  1. Whaaatt??!! You're moving!! Oh no, you have my DEEPEST sympathy. Sorry Beth to hear that, I miss Germany so much and I can totally relate to your anxiety. At least its California......it could be worse, like North Dakota or something (sorry if you are a blogger who is reading this and lives in N.D).

    Sorry...I have do not have any job advice for you except the great news there are TONS of job in Cali. My nephew is in marketing (seems like you were in a similiar field..) - and he said there are over 40,000 marketing positions currently open. Maybe pick a 'type' (aka industry) of company you would like to work for, and then go from there.

    Email me anytime!!!!! Such a big change - hang in there Beth, something new and exciting is just around the corner for you.

    xoxo
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete