Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekend Review

    Hello everyone, and happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend. Here's a little bit about my weekend...
    On Saturday, I went to a baby shower/good bye party for one of the other medic's wives. There was a lot of food (I made cheesecake bites and bought some German Christmas cookies) and socializing. Now, I was the ONLY one without a kid, but I still had a good time, and I think she did too :). Now, here's a funny story for you...when I was talking about kids and saying I didn't have any, I guess some took it to mean that I didn't bring my kids to the party. You see, most of the women brought their kids. So, after I say I don't have kids, one woman looks and me and asks, "oh? Are they grown or something?" WHAT?! How old do you think I am woman?! I politely answer, that no, my husband and I do not have any children yet, nor are we planning to have any in the near future. But again, WHAT?! Most people say I look younger than 24, or about my age...I'm confused. Haha. Ah well, just got to laugh it off I guess.
    When I got back home, I cleaned the apartment a little, and got ready to go to the Christmas Market in town. You see, we were planning on going to the Christmas Market with our good friends J and B, but it just kept pouring on and off. Ugh.  After many facebook messages and phone calls, we decided that there was too much rain, plus, it closed earlier than we thought. Closes at 8 on a weekend is ridiculous! But, since J and B we're about at our apartment when we finally decided not to go, they came over and we hung out, watched movies and drank two bottles of gluhwein. Mmmmm.
    On Sunday, Tyler and I relaxed, played computer games (lol), and watched TV/movies. Typical Sunday. For dinner, we went to the Christmas Market. It kept raining, but we didn't care, we wanted to go. Plus, the food is delicious. Worth it. While we were there, we scouted out what we wanted to buy for presents for others as well as ourselves. We just need to go sometime this week or weekend to get some of the things we want to have shipped home.
    Today, I started making a list of places I want to apply, did a great Jillian Michael's workout, starting writing lists of things I can live without for like 3 months (that's how long moving our stuff with take...yay?), watched our neighbors little yorkie...ya know...the usual. Haha. Now, time to make dinner. We're feeling tri-tip. Mmmm...so good.
    Happy Monday everyone!
P.S. A Post about Spain will be coming SOON! I Promise :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment