Monday, December 27, 2010

"And i miss you, I’m goin back "home" to the west coast..." - From the song West Coast

   So you've guessed it, I'm back in California. Well, I've been back in California since the 21st. haha...oops. We of course had a party where I got incredibly drunk, which, I never do anymore. I need to remember to eat more next time. Sigh. Oh well. At least I wasn't the only one!
   Since I've been back Tyler's parents had the party, I've got to see two of my best friends and some of Tyler's family and their friends. It's all been very nice, but as my time here is coming to a close, I feel like I could use a couple more days. I mean, I feel like I need to spend more time with friends and do more things while back in the states. So much to do...so little time. Such is life huh?
  Christmas was relaxing, we got some nice gifts and had fun with the immediate Berry family. We even played Risk, which got really intense! Man, to think I've had two Christmases this year! One in Texas with my family, and one here with his family. I feel so blessed. Tyler and I have been talking about how good this year was to us a lot lately. I mean, yes it sucked that I was separated from him for a year, but in other ways, we were blessed. He came back from Afghanistan with literally a scratch, I graduated from college, we've been married over a year (though most of it we were apart), we made lots of money and have done well since the deployment even with my student loans,  my paper work finally went through so I can live in Germany (yessss! God is good!) and we finally got to spend our first Thanksgiving and Christmas together as a married couple. :)
Now, I don't want this to come across as me bragging because I am honestly truly grateful for all of this, but sometimes it's hard to express how grateful one is. We are trying to give back by giving money to charities we believe in, so there's that. What else? We're also trying to save up for things we want/need to do like travel around Europe, our celebration of marriage, our new home in Germany...stuff like that.

Anyway, it's getting late. Here are some pics from my time thus far in California for y'all to enjoy! :)

Party time: One of my best friends, Joelle
Me, my wonderful hubby and my amazing sister-in-law:

All the "kids" on Christmas Day :

1 comment:

  1. :) I am so happy for you Bethy! God is good and I am glad you are able to finally get that crazy paperwork through!

    Nice to run into at Target! How much longer will you be around?

    ReplyDelete