Saturday, December 18, 2010

Back in the US of A

   Well folks, we made it; we're back! And man oh man did we leave Europe just in time! So many people are having problems getting out now because of the weather. I'm praying that you all make it out quickly and safely return home.
   Here's how our journey to the states went: we woke up 5:30am Wednesday to shower and make sure we had everything together. Before 7 we were out the door to load the car and get gas. We made it to Frankfurt by 8:15 or so. After we painlessly returned the car, we made our way to the Terminal to check in and check the one bag. Our flight wasn't until 12:45, but we decided to bite the bullet and go through security and just wait around there. To board the plane, they loaded us on to buses and took us to the plane. It was really weird. I was standing next to this really obnoxious man on the way to the plane. He was saying how he was pissed that there were all these soldiers here. He was like, why can't they contain them somewhere and let all the normal people board the plane first. This really pissed me off. How can someone even say that. Yes, there were a lot more soldiers than normal, but that's because many are on leave after being deployed. What an ass. Ugh. I mean, maybe he was just upset that there were so many people there, but none of the soldiers were being obnoxious, annoying or disruptive. They all just wanted to get home. Other people were worse. Some people just really piss me off ugh.
  Anyway, we left late since it was an extrememly full flight, but somehow we managed to land in Chicago an hour early. WOAH. So, instead of 6 hours of layover, we now had 7. haha. Oh joy. After we took off in Chicago I heard about an hour or so later it started to get really stormy. God must have been looking out for us! Long story short we made it to my house in Texas about 11:30pm central standard time. It's nice to be home with the family. Getting some good games in, Christmas shopping, seeing old friends...life is good.
Tuesday we leave to California to spend Christmas with Tyler's family, and I'm excited to be back in Cali and see friends there :)
Really, I'm just glad not to be in snow and that I'm seeing the sun! haha.

   I know this was kind of a boring post, but I hadn't updated in awhile and I thought that y'all would like to know what was going on. I'll try and attempt to put pictures on since I'm using a different computer now. I also have been inspired by a blog my friend showed me, so I'll try and be more exciting and inspiring. :)
We'll have more trips to talk about soon, and I may just start to blog more about everyday life. I enjoy writing and talking, so that will work for me! haha.
Ok, enough for now. Have a great day!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment