Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Celebrations

Easter. "...celebrates Jesus Christ's resurrection from the dead, is Christianity's most important holiday" (via). This is the way  I was brought up...Easter was a religious holiday. Of course, we did Easter egg hunts, took pictures with the Easter bunny, and got Easter baskets and candy, but first and foremost, it was a religious holiday. My family would get up way to early to go to our church's sunrise service (this was at about 7am). Afterwards, we would have breakfast at the church, go home and get our Easter baskets, and do an Easter egg hunt.Of course we would have a delicious Easter lunch or dinner. Mmm, sounds so good right now!
Tyler's family would go to church in the morning, then get together with extended family. While with his family, they would get their Easter baskets and candy, do an Easter agg hunt, and have a delicious lunch. Must be nice to have your family so close together. My extended family is spread out; we're in like 5 different states!
Well, Tyler and I don't really have any  of our own Easter traditions yet, seeing as we don't have any kids. Not that is really an excuse, but I digress. Last Easter (our first Easter by ourselves), we made crepes and had a nice day at home. This year, Tyler's birthday happens to be on Easter, so it's a double celebration! His mom is so excited to have him home on his birthday, that she wanted to host an Easter celebration at their house. So, we're going to have brunch and dinner with his family and some family friends.  It's going to be a full, fun day!
If I were hosting the Easter celebration, I would be sure to have some great decoration and food! Here are some things that are inspiring me for Easter: 
The Decor:





The Food:
 

Source: homeiswheretheboatis.wordpress.com
Source: tinyurl.ms 
Source: squidoo.comSource: chef-in-training.com 

We'd also have to have brunch or dinner food, depending on the party. I'm thinking for dinner, something like ham or lamb. This is making me hungry, I need to stop.
 I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Easter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment