Sunday, April 1, 2012

All Around Good Time

I think our party went well last night! It was a nice gathering of friends and some family. We had delicious food, great wine, and good company. All in all a fun time. Unfortunately, some people's allergies started acting up (stupid cat). Oh, yes, we have a cat...well, it's not ours, it's Tyler's sister's, but since she lives with us, we have to deal with it. It's cute...sometimes...

I made two cheesecakes (one boysenberry and one regular with a cream cheese topping) and pineapple wrapped with bacon. All three of those thing were delicious, not that I have a bias or anything...haha. Tyler made chicken wings (a recipe he found online that consisted of soy sauce, garlic, and honey). Man, were his wings good! However, my Pyrex is still soaking...grrr. We also provided sweet potato pop chips, chips and salsa, bread, meatballs, cheese wrapped with meat, and some beer and wine. We had some friends bring food as well: yummy vanilla macaroons (I really could just keep snacking on those things), veggie pizza, fruit kebabs (such good fruit!), and blue cheese guacamole. Everything was so delicious. I really need to start taking more pictures, because everything was just so good! 
It looked great too!

Tyler and I have this thing where we hate being hungry at parties, so, we try and provide people with a lot of food and drink. That way, if you didn't have a chance to eat dinner, you can be satisfied, but if you just want a snack, you have great appetizer options to choose from and snack on.
Some of the wine for the party.

Well, I hope everyone is having a nice and relaxing Sunday. Besides the cleaning up, I know we're having a very relaxing day. :) Happy Palm Sunday everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I want to go to your wine party :)

    Looks like you're getting settled. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete