Monday, March 26, 2012

Vision isn't Always Reality

I love dark and white woods, mixing light with dark, blues, creams, whites, greys, black, and pops of color (like red, yellow, and sometimes pink).  My vision of what our living room should be is something that's timeless/classic, yet comfy...I want it to look great, but I want you to still be able to feel at home. 

Maybe something like these photos:

1. Source: bargainhoot.com
   2.  Source:bhg.com 



Source: homegoods.com 












What my husband's vision, well, I'm not entirely sure, because he doesn't really plan these things out. He's more of a see it and like it type of guy. He is very picky though. Ugh. He did know that he wanted all dark furniture, including the couch. He tends to be drawn towards earth tones, neutral color, and red. He loves red.

So, with all of this in mind, here is what our living room is turning out to look like:
bookshelf with printer. (The bookshelf itself is a mess! Need to work on that...)

Couch and Coffee table!
Couch again! Can you believe it's from Big Lots?!

Recliner from Tyler's grandparents.
TV, TV stand (which we got for free!), and a side table. That's not the tables permanent home, but that wall was empty.




What do you think? I think the couch needs more color haha.  We also need to finish deciding where to put things like pictures. The walls are looking bare! Ah well. It's slowly but surely coming together! 

5 comments:

  1. lots of deep browns, but def gotta add some more color!!! :) maybe a rug under the coffee table and a painting/pictures behind the couch! you guys got some nice pieces tho...love the coffee table especiallyyy. mish you. <3 invite me to decorate play with if you ever feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm considering a rug, but yes, we deff need more color on the couch. I'm thinking red :)
      We also have more pics we need to put up. slowly but surely!

      Delete
  2. Can you paint, Bethy? I would paint the wall a lighter color (if you can get away with it) or look for some more bright (fake) flowers, candles or table runners that can break up the darkness. Brighter throw pillows or window treatments can work as well. Also, as Kacey said, a rug REALLY helps. They're expensive, but totally worth it. I didn't realize I needed a rug until I put one down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we can paint. We just have to paint it back before we move out. So, I may get a hair! haha.
      I went in to Homegoods today and wanted too many things. I love that store so much! I'm thinking about getting these red floral pillows for the couch...I think that would help a lot.
      I have some red gerber daisy fake flowers that I just put up, so hopefully that helps a bit :)

      Delete
  3. Home Goods is a really good place to find any of this, too!! =)

    ReplyDelete