Monday, March 19, 2012

I'm Back!

Good Morning everyone! Happy Monday to ya! 
I apologize for the impromptu hiatus, but you know, sometimes we all need a little break from things.

Something you may or may not have known about me, I love lists. When I email people, sometimes I email in bullet point. So, what better way to update you on what's been going on than with a list :p 

The Job Hunt...
  • After the phone interview and testing for the one company, I got a call to come in for an in-person interview. I had a whole schedule that included interview times with four different people! AH! I hear back this week.
  • That interview I had with the shelving company (it's the one where I would be doing temporary customer service calling) well, the interview went well, but they said they would pass. They didn't really say why, but the staffing agency thinks it's because they thought I was overqualified or too experienced or something. Sigh. Probably better this way.
  • I had an interview to be an insurance salesman (ahhh!). Boy, did they love me! I told them no. Honestly, I can't see myself going in to companies and being like, hey, buy this policy. It's not me, and I know I wouldn't be happy. 
  • Tyler got a job at Magginos being a server! Hooray! He starts training next week :) 
Life...
  • We're finally getting the apartment together. Slowly, but surely. I really do love our new place, but in the future, I would like to have a dining area and a guest room/office. 
  •  We're trying to plan when to have a house-warming party. I really don't know why this has been so difficult, but it is. Trying to find a good weekend is next to impossible it seems. That, and Tyler's birthday is coming up, so we thought, why not combine them! Well, now the problem is, we don't know when he'll be scheduled for his new job. Ugh. Any ideas? I really want this to happen. I love throwing parties. 
  • When decorating the apartment, sometimes what I have in mind, and what Tyler has in mind, are two totally different things. We try to compromise, and usually do, but sometimes, one person just has to win. Haha.
  • Still trying to stain our wine rack. There were some hiccups (it was finished wood and we thought it wasn't, ran out of sand paper, there was a huge rain storm...), but we should be getting back on track :) 
  • We saw the film, Friends With Kids. I really enjoyed that movie, but it's a lot darker than I thought it would be. 
  • On St. Patrick's Day, we didn't do much, but we did go to the mall to get Tyler's work clothes. Then, we made dinner and watched a movie. What was our dinner? Saurbraten, Spaetzle, and salad. Yay for German food! hehe. So good.
Well friends, I think that about does it! I promise I will have pictures up of our place/how decorating is going soon. :) Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment