Thursday, September 8, 2011

Why are some weeks so frustrating?

    So if you read my last post, you know about my current back situation. Ugh. It's so frustrating. I just want to get back to working out, cleaning the house and doing things the way I normally do. Sunday and Monday, I'll only took the meds twice a day, and from Tuesday on, I've been taking them only at night. I could finally drive on Tuesday! woohoo! Only thing is, I think I've been pushing myself too hard these past couple days, because today my back like freaked out on me and kinda hurts...not too bad, but it's letting me know, "hey don't do that!" Sigh. Aren't I too young for this?
    Tyler's and my internet company, O2, a few days before my parents came, decided to give us a letter telling us that after Aug. 31st, we would no longer have service with them. In short, they're dropping us. Side-note: its in German so we had to google translate the whole thing haha. But seriously, WTF!?!  What's the deal? We weren't sure if this was for real or not, so we try to call. Of course they're gone for the day/not answering. Just our luck. The next day, Saturday, we go in and confront them. The guy looks us up on the computer, sees nothing, so he calls. They talk to Tyler, then talk to the guy. They look it up and see nothing. We have no flags, no missed or late payments...nothing. All it says it that they're closing our account and there's nothing they can do. WHAT>!!?!@!? Grrr...so we look around and everywhere we go wants a contract for like 2 years...uh sorry we can't do that. The only places we know don't do contracts are O2 and TKS (the one on base). ugh. Then we do other errands, buy my dirndl and his lederhosen (not gonna lie, we're gonna look great), and by the time we were done with that, the other internet/phone place we were gonna go to was closed. Of course it was. Some places close early on Saturday. Early meaning by 4 to 6 (sometimes 2 or 3!)...Ugh. Everything is closed Sunday (except some stuff on base, restaurants and tourist stuff), so we can't do anything. Then Tyler gets super busy at work and my parents come. Naturally we don't deal with it and push it to the side.
    Tuesday, I went to return the modem to O2 and the guy was like, "nono we don't take those here"
"why?"
"don't have place/box for them. call costumer service"
"uh ok. And what will they do"
"they take it"
"so, they come get it or do I have to mail it?"
"they get it."
"Okay...well, thanks?"
"you're welcome. have a nice day ma'am"
UGH! I was soooo pissed at them. Here's what I was thinking Tuesday and Wednesday: "If they make me mail it, they either pay for it or I'm ripping them a new one. Already getting a letter. You messed with the wrong family lol."
     Well, today, my  friend Jessica came over. We wanted to get together anyway to catch up, but bonus, she was going to call O2 for me! woohoo! We borrow a neighbor's phone (thanks Casey!) and she starts going off in German. She sounded angry at one point and I was like oh no! Ok, so, O2 is basically like a broker for Deutsche Telekom...so, when O2 does better business then Deutsche Telekom, they start dropping people, like us who have the "we can cancel every month" contract, because they know we can leave at any time basically. Deutsche Telekom is supposed to then ask if we want to go to them, but they didn't. I honestly just wish O2 could've told us this in the first place. I would've been mad, but not as mad...more like upset yet understanding. Now all I have to do is wait for a sticker from them so I can mail back the modem to them for free. Woohoo! 
    Also, this week I had to deal with running around trying to find people (for one of the things I volunteer for), deal with things being unorganized/last minute AND something being put on my plate which was a total surprise to me. Ugh. I hate when events and things are unorganized and last minute. But more on that later...


I think its time for Tyler to come home already. Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment