Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Bedroom - Inspiration

When I think of the bedroom I want, I think of something cozy, comfy, soft, and calm, yet 
elegant and classy. 
When I think of colors I want in a bedroom, I usually think of soft and neutral tones. 
 Since we have this "new" apartment, it's the perfect time to decorate/re-decorate. 
 
As I've mentioned before, I enjoy dark woods, mixing dark and light colors, and adding pops of color to things. When thinking of the bedroom I want, I usually imagine a dark wood or iron bed frame, with a light colored bedspread (think cream, grey, or blue). Of course, there will be pops of color in the room. I'm not afraid of color in the bedroom, I just want it to be a calm and restful place, and listen, red and pink aren't really that restful to me. But, don't get me wrong, I'd love to use them as my pop of color...they just can't be the main color. 

The photos below are some that are inspiring me on how our bedroom should look/feel.

Source: potterybarn.com 

 


 
                     Source: decorpad.com



Source: houzz.com

                                                              Source: 6thstreetdesignschool.blogspot.com.au

                                                                                                                    Source: macys.com
                                                                     Source: bhg.com                            

What do you think? Do any of these inspire you? Which are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment