Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Trip to Boston

My blog hiatus all started off with my business trip to Boston. I left very very early Sunday morning (in the last week of June) - we're talking 3:30am people, ugh. My flight was supposed to leave at 5:50am. Yeah, that didn't happen because they were servicing the plane. Sigh. You know in the Amazing Race when the participants are running around trying to get on stand-by and/or are trying to change their flight? That was me. Alas, there was nothing to be done. We finally left around 8:15/8:30. Needless to say, I missed my connection to Boston, so, I had to stay the night. Hey, at least they give you hotel and $10 meal vouchers!

Monday morning came, and I finally got there. Well, sort of. You see, when I landed it was thunder storming. Normally I love a good thunder storm, but today, well, today I needed to get to my convention! I was stuck on the plane for over two hours. I could see the gate from my seat, but the crew was not allowed out while there was lightning.
FINALLY I got to the convention, had lunch, sat at the booth, had a wonderful dinner with my boss, and got checked in to my hotel.

Tuesday, my boss left for another convention, and I was on my own. Luckily, it was only a half day. After I was done at the convention, I got lunch, took a nap, and then I went on a duck tour and saw a Red Sox game at Fenway! Oh yeah, I also got awkwardly hit on while I was at the game...sorry boys, I'm taken. Did make me feel good about myself I suppose.

All in all, it was a good trip. Boston is such a cool and beautiful city - I already want to go back. I think I just need to do a whole northeast tour.

Have a great day friends, and happy August! :)

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a good trip besides the flight delay's! you have a new follower in me! check mine out? http://brightbrightdays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I'll be sure to check out your blog :)

      Delete